Who are you? :)
Hello Moremajorthanmajor - we have been enjoying your edits, but we were wondering, were you on the old Wiki as well? If so what was your username? We are all wondering who you are! Best, Mike Battaglia (talk) 02:41, 22 October 2018 (UTC)
- The way of (not) rounding the a last digit 5 reminds me of someone in the old wiki ;) --Xenwolf (talk) 16:47, 8 November 2018 (UTC)
pions and 7mus
Hi Moremajorthanmajor. We are wondering why you have chosen to add pions and 7mus values to all the edo pages. We don't typically discuss interval size in units of 7mus and we are not sure what pions are. Could you let us know what pions are and what your motivation is? Thanks, Gareth --Gareth.hearne (talk) 11:22, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
- Since there is no response yet and also googling doesn't give any evidence, I will soon remove these columns. The way to reintroduce alternate measures is to make clear what particular purpose they serve in the given context. The minimal precondition (of using them at all in the wiki) is met that they are defined in page Interval size measure (1pion := 1\1272; 17mu := 1\1536) but this alone doesn't make them especially useful or relevant for us. --Xenwolf (talk) 07:46, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
Hi, why did you change a bunch of cells to emphasized text in https://en.xen.wiki/index.php?title=List_of_root-3rd-P5_triads_in_JI&diff=next&oldid=40815 ? ResonantFrequencies (talk) 01:53, 2 July 2019 (UTC)
you introduced "51-Pythagorean comma" in the table of 3-limit small commas. It's not clear how you got there and why the name, since it was not possible to get the answers by searching the web, it was removed now. --Xenwolf (talk) 14:20, 22 November 2020 (UTC)
Circulating temperaments tables
Hi Moremajorthanmajor, Do you create these tables using a script? If so, could you share it? We could then easily transform it into an appropriate Lua module, which would reduce future effort and increase the readability of the wikitext. Thanks in advance! --Xenwolf (talk) 07:40, 22 April 2021 (UTC) update --Xenwolf (talk) 16:50, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
Plz don't merge the zeroes in tables
I don't know why you made changes like this. The entries should never be merged because they represent different concepts despite the apparent same value. The degrees and cents, for example, aren't really comparable, just like how meters and kilograms are not. Each column should also follow the same precision. Plus those are not titles so should not use title format. FloraC (talk) 17:37, 30 May 2021 (UTC)
- I can only agree with that. Does my solution seem reasonable to you? --Xenwolf (talk) 18:15, 30 May 2021 (UTC)
Readers are confused for your addition of 0-indexed degrees
Hello Moremajorthanmajor, as can be seen in the search results #1 and #2, your contributions are restricted to the article namespace (Main) and you never used the summary field (all edits were auto-summarized by the wiki software). So there is also technical evidence that our great frustration with your secrecy about your views is not pure imagination. What do you think can be done to lower the barrier for you to participate in the wiki community's exchange of ideas? --Xenwolf (talk) 06:04, 3 June 2021 (UTC)
Please use edit summaries when making any non-trivial edits to articles
- I must add that it does not help to say what you change (because that can be seen in the diff), but with what intention and based on what considerations you do it. --Xenwolf (talk) 19:48, 16 June 2021 (UTC)
Seriously, what is up with these? You keep on trying to insert them, they don't work properly on the wiki, and then your edits get reverted by someone else. What are you trying to accomplish with them? If you'd talk to us, maybe we could figure out a method of formatting that actually does do what you want them too, but at the moment, this is just a waste of everyone's energy. --Yourmusic Productions (talk) 07:45, 24 August 2021 (UTC)
Banned for one week
- Adding pages and leaving them unfinished.
- Example is copying existing pages 7L 2s to 7L 2s (major tenth equivalent) and leaving the names section unchanged, when no evidence shows that either armodue theorists or tamnams maintainers have endorsed that. In the page 5L 3s (minor ninth equivalent) the tables in the page are also left unedited. Those additions count as false information.
- Adding confusing contents.
- Examples are using titles 7L 2s (major tenth equivalent) when the intended equave is 5/2 and 5L 3s (minor ninth equivalent) when the intended equave is 15/7. They are confusing because most degrees in default of context are defined relative to the diatonic scheme, and are not sufficient for specific ratios. Another example is using the term edIX to refer to the aforementioned equave while in the page of edIX created by the same user it is defined instead as the equal divison of the major ninth. Those additions leave us with huge amount of labor to clarify what the page is really about.
- Readability degrading edits
- One is not suppposed to fail to make the judgement that https://en.xen.wiki/index.php?title=Blackdye&oldid=76856 is more readable than https://en.xen.wiki/index.php?title=Blackdye&oldid=76901. Although in our Facebook group I informed of Template:Overline and here we see it, that is far from enough. The advice is learning and following existing styles, if systematic study of the number styles is not practical.
A couple of weeks after the ban expired, and they're still doing exactly the same problematic things that we have to revert with no sign of any reflection, communication or even acknowledgement of the existence of other users. I have no idea if this is obliviousness or passive-aggressive rebellion, but it's very weird, and the longer it goes on, the more likely it's the second. Does anyone have any ideas how we could get through to them and solve this without more banning? --Yourmusic Productions (talk) 17:17, 16 September 2021 (UTC)
- Since they're clearly not paying any attention to usertalk, I would suggest shooting them an email with subject line "IMPORTANT: regarding xenwiki" or similar. If it's any consolation, the telephone-number-linking thing might in fact be a browser issue, as evidenced here. —Kaiveran (talk) 20:47, 18 September 2021 (UTC)
Banned for another week
- False information
- Same as last time.
- Confusing contents
- I'm not entirely sure how this should be described exactly, but what you did was copying people's articles and inserting subtle changes in the main namespace. It only confused readers. Plz be responsible for what you write. Make original materials and sign your name and everyone will be happy.
Plz stop editing on mobile devices with the visual editor. It will convert numbers to telephone links. This technical issue isn't your fault, but you should know it (if you ever read your edits), and accordingly avoid such editing. FloraC (talk) 02:04, 13 February 2022 (UTC)
Banned for a month
- Repeated disrespect to the conventions
- Please refer to the previous decisions.
Plz stop creating cheap pages all at once
If Infobox ET is the only content you want in those rare tunings, a preview should be enough. You spammed the recent changes page which many of us regularly use to track the wiki. FloraC (talk) 04:59, 6 May 2023 (UTC)
- I think they are just creating placeholder pages to fill in later, but I agree they are spamming recent changes. I know from using FANDOM that there is a "minor edit" feature on MediaWiki which hides edits from recent changes, so maybe they could use that (although, seeing the earlier topics on this page, I don't think they'll ever see this message of mine...). CompactStar (talk) 08:09, 6 May 2023 (UTC)