The 5-limit superparticular interval 16/15 is the just diatonic semitone, classic(al) diatonic semitone or ptolemaic diatonic semitone – the difference between the major third 5/4 and the fourth 4/3, and between 3/2 and 8/5.
When this ratio is taken as a comma to be tempered, it produces father temperament, where 4/3 and 5/4 are equated. In this temperament, major thirds and fifths become octave complements of each other.
- 15/8 – its octave complement
- 45/32 – its fifth complement
- 5/4 – its fourth complement
- 256/243 – the Pythagorean (3-limit) diatonic semitone
- Gallery of just intervals
- List of superparticular intervals
- 16/15 equal-step tuning – equal multiplication of this interval
- For reference, see 5-limit.