Kuttner - Prince Chu Tsai-Yü's Life and Work- A Re-Evaluation of His Contribution to Equal Temperament Theory.pdf
Gruber - Mersenne and Evolving Tonal Theory.pdf
Bosanquet - Temperament; Or, the Division of the Octave Part I.pdf
Bosanquet - Temperament; Or, the Division of the Octave Part II.pdf
Christensen - Eighteenth-Century Science and the Corps Sonore.pdf
Werntz - Adding New Pitches.pdf
- Smith, Charles Samuel, Leonhard Euler's Tentamen Novae Theoriae Musicae: A Translation and Commentary . Indiana University, Ph.D., 1960.
- Mandelbaum, Joel, Multiple Division of the Octave and the Tonal Resources of 19-Tone Temperament, Indiana University, Ph.D., 1961.
- Adkins, Cecil Dale, The Theory and Practice of the Monochord . State University of Iowa, Ph.D., 1963.
- Farhat, Hormoz, The Dastgah Concept in Persian Music. University of California, Los Angeles,, Ph.D., 1965.
- Green, Burdette Lamar, The Harmonic Series from Mersenne to Rameau: An Historical Study of Circumstances Leading to its Recognition and Application to Music . The Ohio State University, Ph.D., 1969.
- Signell, Karl L, The Turkish "makam" system in contemporary theory and practice. XXX, Ph.D., 1973.
- Whaley, David Robert. The Microtonal Capability of the Horn. D.M.A. thesis, University of Illinois, 1975, 154 pages. University Microfilms, Ann Arbor MI, 1975.
- Battan, Suzette Mary, Alois Hába’s Neue Harmonielehre des diatonischen, chromatischen, Viertel-, Drittel-, Sechstel- und Zwölftel-Tonsystems, University of Rochester, Ph.D., 1980.
- Maltz, Richard Steven, Microtonal techniques in Charles Ives's 'Three quarter-tone pieces for two pianos, ' Harry Patch's 'And the seventh day petals fell in Petaluma', and Ben Johnston's 'Fourth string quartet', University of South Carolina, Ph.D., 1991.
- Ayers, Lydia, Exploring microtonal tunings : a kaleidoscope of extended just tunings and their compositional applications, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, D.M.A thesis, 1994,
- Djordjevic, Michael, L., Discrete Tone Relations Determined by the Hearing Phenomenon within Five-Dimensional Sound-Musical Continuum. Radio Belgrade, Ph.D., 1995.
- Kassel, Richard M., The Evolution of Harry Partch's Monophony. CUNY, Ph.D., 1996.
- Clampitt, David, Pairwise Well-formed Scales: Structural and Transformational Properties. SUNY at Buffalo, Ph.D., 1997.
- Carey, Norman A., Distribution Modulo 1 and Musical Scales. University of Rochester, Ph.D., 1998.
- Douthett, Jack, The Theory of Maximally and Minimally Even Sets, the One-Dimensional Antiferromagnetic Ising Model, and the Continued Fraction Compromise of Musical Scales. University of New Mexico, Ph.D., 1999.
- Werntz, Julia Catherine, Toward an understanding of expanded equal temperament (Joseph Maneri). Brandeis University, Ph.D., 2000.
- Quinn, Ian, A Unified Theory of Chord Quality in Equal Temperaments, Eastman School of Music, Ph.D., 2004.
- Baker, Gene V. , The name of Zeus : notions of trance and the 17-note microtonal "Chancey", Mills College, M.F.A thesis, 2004.
- Telese, Marciano, Spectral tuning and its application to instrumental and vocal composition, thesis, 2005.
- Skinner. Myles, Toward a Quarter-Tone Syntax: Selected Analyses of Works by Blackwood, Hába, Ives, and Wyschnegradsky, Buffalo University, Ph.D., 2006.
- Ferrer, Rafael,The Role of Timbre in the Memorization of Microtonal Intervals, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Ph. D., 2007.
- Yarman, Ozan, 79-Tone Tuning & Theory for Turkish Maqam Music. Istanbul Technical University, Ph.D., 2008.
- Pohlit, Stefan, Julien Jalâl Ed-Dine Weiss: A Novel Tuning System for the Middle-Eastern Qanun, Istanbul Technical University, Ph.D., 2011.
- Ederer, Eric, The Theory and Praxis of Makam in Classical Turkish Music 1910-2010, University of California Santa Barbara, Ph.D., 2011.
- Heraty, Johanne Paula, The Microtonal Music of Ezra Sims, University College Dublin, Ph.D., 2011.
- Milne, Andrew J., A Computational Model for the Cognition of Tonality, Western Sydney University, Ph.D., 2013.
- Burle, Jan, An Application for the Calculated Consonance in Computer-Assisted Microtonal Music, Ph.D., 2013.
- Hearne, Gareth, Towards a new model of microtonal music: The regular temperaments of 22TET, UWA School of Music, honors thesis dissertation, 2014.
Bosanquet - An elementary treatise on musical intervals.pdf