Porcupine Album Project
How do I find the discussion page? I'm lost today.
- The discussion tab is among the icons in the top right of each page. Instead of "Discuss," it has a picture of some cartoon speech bubbles and a number corresponding to the current number of discussion posts. It is just to the right of "Edit".
Here is a 15 edo progression stub - 2 sections. 15 edo progression
- [hs] What are the notes? (In whatever notation) I added some harmonica licks to it:
[hs] Here is a short porcupine phrase in 22edo. Thse scale is sssLsss (of Porcupine), which is composed of two completely uniform tetrachords.
List of Participants and skills they're willing to contribute:
- John Lank Moriarty- Vocals, Lyrics
- Andrew Heathwaite- composition, production, singing, 22-tone steel-string guitar, writing, organizing and facilitating as needed...
- Sean Archibald- composition, production, mix engineering, simple kalimba licks, whatever I can really!
- Keenan Pepper- vocals, synth... 15-tone marimba may be done by this time...
- Hans Straub - keyboard/piano, especially 22edo. Simple harmonica licks. Maybe composition, too.
- Chris Vaisvil - keyboard, soon 15 edo guitar, compositon
What we think we know so far (add to this list or discuss in discussion tab!):
- We're making an album combining solo and collaborative compositions in Porcupine temperament, with an emphasis on accessibility
- Suggested reference pitch C = 261.626
- All flavors of Porcupine welcome (15edo, 22edo, 29edo, 37edo, TOP, POTE, what have you)
- A goal: to make a case for Porcupine as a temperament system with flexibility comparable to meantone.
- Time frame?
- Stylistic constraints?
- Organizing group?
- How to invite others?