...a page for all tricesimoprimal (31-tone) and otherwise just-based approaches to vocal and/or instrumental pedagogy.
In Progress: 31 tone singing camp July 2008! Simultaneous sessions in NYC and Apple Hill!
The poster forgot to mention - it's free.
Traces from May 2007 Houston 31-Tone Singin' Camp
- exciting poster (pdf)
- attended by ((Tommy Jacob Bryan Brian Ryan Elliot Stephan Ting Andrew Ann Dan)) with only 3 or 4 in attendance on most days
- notation used: pure and mixed Sagittal
- Spiral Progressions
- Difference Tone Progressions
- reading of Magnus Jonsson's Walking to Class, two takes walking 1.mp3 walking 2.mp3
- 31-tone mockup of Gesualdo's Moro, lasso, al mio duolo (not enough attendees to do)
- improvised madrigal (text: Lewis Carroll: Haddocks' Eyes) Haddocks' Eyes.mp3
- various written exercises, collaborative 15/16 canon
- 31 basics handout
Toby Twining : Chrysalid Requiem
Ben Johnston: Kepler Quartet: String Quartets 2,3,4,9.
More Ben Johnston downloadable at http://www.avantgardeproject.org/AGP9/index.htm
Kyle Gann's Just Intonation Explained article, very clear: http://www.kylegann.com/tuning.html
Paul Rapoport: About 31 tone equal temperament: http://www.xs4all.nl/~huygensf/doc/rap31.html
relevant articles in Xenharmonikôn (at Fondren) http://xh.xentonic.org/