Jump to navigation Jump to search
The diesis (/ˈdaɪəsɪs/ DY-ə-sis; plural dieses) most commonly refers to:
- The augmented comma 128/125 (≈ 41¢).
- A melodic unit of about that size. See Diesis (melodic unit).
- The difference between two enharmonic notes in a scale. See Diesis (scale theory).
Intervals with the word in the name:
- Greater diesis, 648/625
- Small diesis, aka magic comma
- Minimal diesis, aka tetracot comma
- Septimal diesis, 49/48
The normal diesis (≈ 38.7¢) is an interval size measure defined as one step of 31edo.