ARCHIVED WIKISPACES DISCUSSION BELOW
Please do not add any new discussion to this archive page.
All new discussion should go on Talk:3L 10s.
Don't understand any of this
- This scale... is functionally identical to a compromise between the meantone/superpyth diatonic and chromatic scales.
I have no earthly idea what this means. Could someone explain?
- As a magic scale, it is uneven enough to fall within the region of optimal melodic tunings for magic (L:s = δAg to 6-δAg).
Is there some problem with characters here or something? Is that really supposed to read L:s = delta A g to 6 dash delta A g? What in the world does that mean?
- Because of this property, magic is a good 19 tone mode for people who want to explore new sounds without having to give up using strongly harmonic fifths (3/2 +/- ~6rt(36/35)) for building consonant chords.
The MOS magic is not a 19 tone mode. It has 13 tones. Hence the . Where does 19 come from? Also where in the world does "(3/2 +/- ~6rt(36/35))" come from?
- keenanpepper October 04, 2012, 11:38:25 PM UTC-0700
What are these numbers?
Some numbers which look like cents are listed, but they are not the cents vales for the corresponding listed generators g nor for 1-g. Is one of them a telephone number?
- genewardsmith June 07, 2012, 11:21:22 AM UTC-0700