ARCHIVED WIKISPACES DISCUSSION BELOW
Please do not add any new discussion to this archive page.
All new discussion should go on Talk:Equal-step Tuning.
I created a tuning 49ed7 and a page for ed7 tunings http://xenharmonic.wikispaces.com/ed7 this page should be added here
- jauernig July 20, 2016, 11:16:42 PM UTC-0700
This page is a total disaster. It should probably be deleted. At the very least, renamed. WTF is "Equal"? That's not a thing.
- clumma March 31, 2016, 04:56:28 PM UTC-0700
Can one of the editors of this page consider merging with EDO? Thanks.
- clumma March 31, 2016, 04:59:50 PM UTC-0700
Well, it should not be merged with EDO. EDO is about equal divisions of the octave, while this page is about equal divisions of arbitrary period intervals.
It should at least contain the links to the various ED-overview pages, (EDO, EDT, EDF etc.). But the wording "equal-step tuning" is strange indeed.
- hstraub April 01, 2016, 09:43:59 AM UTC-0700
Might I suggest we add a page for divisions of the tritave like there is the octave, or a table perhaps? There are some interesting ones I'll be adding to, and hopefully y'all as well.
- Kosmorsky August 15, 2011, 10:23:45 PM UTC-0700
I agree; 5n-edos, 6n-edos and 7n-edos are interesting with their accurate approximations to 5/4, 6/5, 7/6 etc, and it would be a shame to not have a page to showcase them. The 5n-edos and 7n-edos are especially interesting because they can form MOS scales similar to Blackwood and Whitewood.
- Sarzadoce August 15, 2011, 11:27:12 PM UTC-0700
Excuse me, I meant "edt" in place of "edo." See?! I've become too accustomed to the common nomenclature on the xenwiki, when there is a world to be explored beyond octaves.
- Sarzadoce August 15, 2011, 11:28:54 PM UTC-0700
I think I will do it right away.
- hstraub August 15, 2011, 11:37:45 PM UTC-0700
I'm waiting for the EDT page to appear. :-)
- xenwolf August 16, 2011, 12:31:41 AM UTC-0700
- hstraub August 16, 2011, 12:59:13 AM UTC-0700
moving edo stuff
I think we should move the edo stuff to the edo page. There is also a table ;-)
- xenwolf June 14, 2010, 11:55:11 PM UTC-0700
It would sure make sense to have the whole table at one place only. So we should either move the edo stuff to the edo page - or remove the edo page. The question may be raised whether the separate edo page is needed.
- hstraub June 15, 2010, 02:44:19 AM UTC-0700
I'd prefer to keep the edo page the equal page should evolve into an overview.
- xenwolf June 15, 2010, 02:47:37 AM UTC-0700
Alright - someone should do that then. Should I?
- hstraub August 13, 2010, 07:19:22 AM UTC-0700
Good idea - I'd do the "review" then...
- xenwolf August 15, 2010, 04:45:34 AM UTC-0700
1 to up to 4edo
I know only ONE piece in 1edo by Ligeti there is only 1 tone at the end thats not an A.
Is there anything else known in the range 1 to 4? --- peu Aug 1, 2008
- xenwolf August 01, 2008, 12:08:58 AM UTC-0700
It was in "Musica ricercata", maybe I find a link. --- peu Aug 1, 2008
- xenwolf August 01, 2008, 12:13:00 AM UTC-0700