ARCHIVED WIKISPACES DISCUSSION BELOW
Please do not add any new discussion to this archive page.
All new discussion should go on Talk:Neutron Temperament.
An actual temperament?
I have an idea for a regular temperament with 7 periods per octave, or at least that's what I understand tempering out |-7 0 -7 7> will do, as it is the difference between seven 11/10's and the octave. Is this correct, and if so, would using this page for it be acceptable? Or have the xenharmonic gods preordained this name for 7edo alone?
- kai.lugheidh April 27, 2017, 01:50:02 AM UTC-0700
I think it's a good starting point to add it here, let's see how these ideas relate. BTW: who are the "xenharmonic gods" you are talking about?
- xenwolf April 27, 2017, 03:05:36 AM UTC-0700
|-7 0 -7 7> seems to be wrong as it is an alternative notation of 2^(-7)*5^(-7)*7^7 (the ^ denotes to the power of)
- xenwolf April 27, 2017, 03:09:28 AM UTC-0700
Oops, yeah, that's the stack of seconds. The comma is actually |8 0 7 -7>.
I'll get to this when I have time and less sleep debt.
- kai.lugheidh April 27, 2017, 03:17:01 AM UTC-0700
Shouldn't it be |8 0 7 0 -7> instead?
- xenwolf April 27, 2017, 03:24:01 AM UTC-0700
Yep, sleep deprivation is a hell of a drug.
- kai.lugheidh April 27, 2017, 07:58:18 PM UTC-0700